From Pontiac, Illinois, Team Essx Elite athlete Emily is a product of the University of South Dakota and Olympic Bronze medalist, Derek Miles. In 2012, Emily represented Team USA at the World Junior Championships in Barcelona. More recently, Emily earned a spot on the 2017 World Championship team by winning a jump-off, at her then PR, of 4.60m / 15’1”. In 2019, Emily placed 4th at the USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Des Moines, IA to be an alternate for the World Championships and compete at “The Match, USA vs. Europe” in Minsk, Belarus. Emily was a multiple-time All-American for South Dakota and continues to train in South Dakota with Derek Miles. Her current personal best is 4.70m/15’5” outdoors and 4.53m/14’10.25” indoors.
Since 2020, Emily has overcome nagging injuries to compete at the 2022 USA Indoor Championships and clear 4.50m/14’9”. In 2022, Emily tied her outdoor PB at 4.70m/15’5” in late March and then raised her outdoor PB to 4.75m/15’7” in Chula Vista. In the 2023 season, Emily placed 2nd at the USA Indoor Championships with an indoor PB of 4.66m/15’3.5”.
- Highest World Ranking: 13 (11 weeks)
- 6-time NCAA Division I All American
- 2012 World U20 Championships 6th place
- 2014 USA Indoor Championships 6th place
- 2016 USA Olympic Trials finalist
- 2017 USA Outdoor Championships Bronze Medal
- 2017 Outdoor World Championships qualifier
- 2021 USA Olympic Trials qualifier
- 2022 NACAC Championships Silver Medal
- 2022 USA Outdoor Championships 5th place
- 2023 USA Indoor Championship Silver Medal
- Indoors – 4.66m/15’3.5”
- Outdoors – 4.75m/15’7”